Areas of Study
CTE provides courses and Pathways consistent with industry standards. Exploratory courses begin in the seventh grade, and subsequent courses teach students specific job readiness and job skills, which can lead to employment and post secondary education.
Current offerings are:
Business and Marketing Education
- Accounting and Finance Operations ( 3 credits total)
- Customer Service Management
- Office/Administrative Support
- Marketing and Sales
Skills needed to be successful in the Business area(s) of study:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Analysis skills
- Financial math skills
- IT and software skills
- Commercial acumen (business savvy)
- Innovative skills
- Self-motivation skills
Role of Secondary CTE:
- Provide Career and Technical Education in the state’s K-12 system of public education.
- Introduce students to career options.
- Assist in development of career goals.
- Provide technical skills.
- Provide occupation-specific skills.
- Prepare students for further education and training.
College and Career Awareness
Utah’s College and Career Awareness program provides junior high students with the direction, decision making, and planning needed in order to select their career path.
- Education and occupation exploration
- Career planning
- Career Fairs
- Field Studies
- Guest Speakers
- Job Shadows
- Student Internships
Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program
Utah’s Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program assists students and their parents in the development of a College and Career Ready Plan. The program enables students to:
- Explore career possibilities.
- Expand their opportunities and set personal education and career goals.
Skill Certificate Program
CTE provides skill certificates in courses and programs in grades 9-12. The Skill Certificate exams verify skill attainment and, where available, industry exams are offered. This accountability system assures that all courses and programs in the state are consistently teaching to the standards established by experts in that occupational area.
Please click the icon for more information regarding the cluster and the pathway.
Finance Customer Service Entrepreneurship Office Administration Marketing
With the help of your counselor and myself, we can sit down and plan your specific pathway.
CCA / CTE Brochure